About This Event
Doors Open:7:00 PM
Show Time:7:00 PM
Attn: All NYC area comedians on the prowl for a paycheck – The Inspired Word presents The NYC Comedy Slam in the heart of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village, where you can make fifty bucks for three minutes of work. Hosted by Advocate of Wordz.
The vital details:
1) 25 contestants, 3 minutes each set, one round.
2) You’ll be scored by 5 judges chosen randomly.
3) Best cumulative score wins.
4) Go over the time limit by more than 10 seconds, you get deducted 1 point; by more than 20 seconds, deducted 2 points; by more than 30 seconds, we simply yank you off the stage. LOL
5) 1st place – $50 prize, 2nd place – 2 free drinks, 3rd place -1 free drink.
This is a general admission event in The Gallery at LPR.
Attn: All NYC area comedians on the prowl for a decent paycheck – The Inspired Word presents the LOL! NYC Comedy Slam in the heart of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village, at the elegant Gallery at Le Poisson Rouge, where you can make fifty bucks for just three minutes of work. Hosted by Advocate of Wordz.
Anything can happen.
Advocate of Wordz is an author and performer who over the course of a decade has been teaching kids how to talk their way out of detention and sharing his skewed perception of what is in front of us all. Raised in The Bronx between seedy neighborhoods and affluent communities, the multicultural parlor trickster of paragraphs began fashioning language in an attempt to bridge the duality of his world. He is also the handsome son of a conservative Puerto Rican who can speak in Old English and a liberal white woman who knows how to mambo.